ARL 5.21% 50.5¢ ardea resources limited

Agreed- with the small number of shares that those things tend...

1. 4,817 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 914
    Agreed- with the small number of shares that those things tend to play with, sub 1,000 units, from my experience they only seem to stretch their legs on the dead days.

On normal to high volume days they just can’t keep up with us bipeds throwing 5-20,000 unit orders, which many place because that keeps our commission to trade cost down, ( Better to buy $10,000 or so worth minimum on many platforms as there is a minimum commission, CommSec from memory being something like $19.95 for the first $10,000 for example- it’s a small thing but hey, every penny matters over the course of a year and if conducting a few trades each week? It does start to become relevant. ).

The bots seem to trade back and forth to themselves via XT’s? ( in house cross trades ), therefore not incurring commision costs and can therefore make very small trades- I’ve seen many days with dozens and dozens of 50 unit trades for example- if one was paying a minimum of $19.95 for each of those trades we immediately see why these aren’t people and aren’t really trading on the open market but instead seeking to create the appearance of activity leading to a certain conclusion such as the price is holding or rising etc.

The HFT, ( high frequency trading ), I think it’s called? Is where a company has their server in the basement of the ASX or very, very close to it and can thereby preempt orders coming in from more distant channels- I for one think the practice should be banned as it most certainly offers said server an advantage- they can actually detect orders coming in and get ahead of them..

Look out all- a steady middle of the day and now touching $1.60? Peter Parker tells me that signals a return to testing $1.69 is on its way and if we breach $1.70? Time to put seat belts back on.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add ARL (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
50.5¢
Change
0.025(5.21%)
Mkt cap ! $100.8M
Open High Low Value Volume
49.0¢ 52.0¢ 48.5¢ $19.80K 39.06K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 2464 50.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
52.0¢ 10000 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 15.59pm 28/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
ARL (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.