BAL 0.00% $13.23 bellamy's australia limited

Seeing as there's a post "I Sold Because", it's only fair that...

1. 5,798 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1155
    Seeing as there's a post "I Sold Because", it's only fair that there is one for "I Hold Because".

I'm staying very long on this regardless of share price fluctuations, so I don't mind if the share price hovers around $10-12 until the full year report. The lower it stays the more shares I can buy for the same amount of money Only when it comes to actually selling does it matter what the share price is. I bought my largest parcels at $6 and $8, so unless something extraordinary happens, I will always be in the green.

The only reason you would be selling now is because you watch the price like a hawk and had no intention of staying in this for the long run in the first place. I only got into investing mid last year and have become obsessed with it ever since - freaking out when the share price drops, etc. I didn't even know what a PE was when I bought BAL. I bought a home and had $40k left in my savings account. My grandfather is a big investor and he told me to invest all of it in BAL. So I did. He has a large stake in BAL. He bought back when it was around $3 after he went to Shanghai and became acquainted with Bellamy's and its potential. Selling is not on the horizon for him. He's one of those old school investors who buys and forgets. For long-term investors, this is the best thing to do. I've now decided to do the same

The company is doing things by the book. Increasing investment for continued growth (i.e. flat margin despite price increase). When more supply and manufacturing kicks in later in the year, we will get a better picture of the company's growth trajectory. It's hard to gauge the potential of a company at the moment when its primary product is sold out and there are limits on the number of tins a customer can buy. How much of the demand is BAL currently catering to? 10%, 30%, 80%? How much more supply is needed to meet 100% of current demand? Daigous are saying that you could give them many multiples of the stock they are currently receiving and they would still be able to sell it all. This alone is scary as to how big the demand/market is. That's before we even think about further growth potential in existing and new markets once current demand has been met.

There is also the Bellamy's Kitchen and Yum Mum side of the business that are not yet operational because they are focusing on the growth areas of the business first. The idea is to build up a reputable brand and then flog that brand with a heap of offshoot products.

Shall we all reconvene at the end of next year and see how this all pans out? It'll be interesting to see how many of you are still holding

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add BAL (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.