Years ago I remember buying a "chicken tray", which was just an...

1. 64 Posts.
    Years ago I remember buying a "chicken tray", which was just an an assembly of chicken pieces stuck in a tray and sold as a whole pre-prepared chook, for your convenience of course.

Well it is was good, but my eldest, aged about 12 noticed that his sister's drumstick was bigger than his, and I said to them that was because it was a mountain chook, that lived on a mountain and ran round and round the slopes of the mountain in one direction because there was no where else to go, with the roosters going one way and the hens the other, and the reason for the drumstick difference was that they had to remain vertical, and if the rooster or hen were lucky enough they would run into one of the opposite sex on the way round, and that was eggs come from.

Well my son suspected that this was nonsense and looked at me quizzically, but the youngest believed me and spent the rest of the meal trying to work out which leg was which and which was a hen etc. and where the mountain was because she wanted to go and have a look.

It took me a bit of getting out of.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.