Thanks BDZ for starting this thread,This issue of fluoride is...

1. 848 Posts.
    Thanks BDZ for starting this thread,

This issue of fluoride is debatable on many aspects. People talk about fluoride being toxic. Yes it is used in rat poison at high concentrations. So concentration is a factor. 1 ppm is what is officially in our drinking supply (can never be certain though). 4 ppm you start getting dental fluorosis so it is bad for your teeth at this level. Many dentists say fluoride in drinking water does not prevent cavities. Makes sense considering you drink the water and it hardly passes your teeth. Then you have the industrial profits made from selling fluoride (as by-product of aluminium smeltering) to put in drinking water. There is literature (limited?) that fluoride causes cancer. Some suggest that fluoride has a commulative effect on your health.

All this being so, I have personally taken the decision not to drink tap water. It is not just the fluoride aspect as well. It is all the other stuff they put in. Simply not worth risking. You know you spend money on your car and stuff like that, your health is more important and people should focus more on it. I drink a particular bottled water (SAKA water, not advertising) recommended to me by a restaurant owner a little while back. This water is alkaline (apparently your cells function better) and has a high sodium bicarbonate proportion. I have heard sodium bicarbonate is good against cancer. There is a lot of sodium bicarbonate in chemopherapy treatments. This water comes out of the ground and is bottled using bottles not made in China. Apparently China uses that bad plastic which is no good for you. The fluoride content is 0.03 ppm which is significantly lower than what is in tap water (lowest out there on the market with regards to bottled water I have researched). I add in electrolyte supplements to this water, i.e sodium, potassium, etc... I kid you not, this drinking water gives me more energy as I do not sleep as much. Reckon I wake up one earlier on average. Also I have been doing weights off and on for a while. When I was on this drinking water I found I bulked up the quickest, no joke. At the end of the day water is very important to your health, second to air really. I just won't risk drinking tap water, even if the jury is still out to an extent. I mean they put anti-corrosive chemicals in the tap water so the pipes don't corrode. Can that possibly be good to be consuming? We are water mostly water right, biologically we can be hammered with bad drinking water.

Funny how only Australia, USA and Britain are big on fluoridation??? When I go out I drink beer from Europe to try and avoid the fluoride.

You have to be careful of drinking rain water, especially in the city. Saw what is in rain water and some of the figures are alarming.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.