To continue this discussion Sagitar, can I assume that you are...

1. 1,875 Posts.
    To continue this discussion Sagitar, can I assume that you are not concerned so much about the alleged adverse impact of adding fluoride but just the act of adding it. In other words if it was proven to cause no harm to humans you would still be opposed because you do not want anything added to your water?

This is an important consideration, because I have no beef with those opposed to the addition of fluoride to water, but to then support their argument by latching on to others claims that it is dangerous is a little unsafe.

There are numerous examples of differences in scientific opinion. Those who study it would easily become confused and no decisions would ever be made if the research had to lead to unanimous conclusions. The dental profession would not seem to have a vested interest in promoting something that clearly reduces tooth decay and yet they have embraced community fluoridation. I guess if you can't trust a dentist in matters pertaining to your oral health then your options are limited.

Sorry for the diatribe Sagitar, I just want to understand whether the issue here is one of mass medication or genuine health concerns. I guess the easy answer is to say both, but I suspect that is a little too convenient as I for one believe that the latter is weakened by the presence and addition of all sorts of minerals and chemical in all of the things we eat and drink.

Please note that I am not trying to convert anyone here. Just interested in the discussion.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.