i love soccer, page-26

1. 12,609 Posts.
    re: its not soccer you americanized zombies Very interesting to see all this defensiveness from other codes of football now that soccer (football) is getting a lot of media and capturing the imagination of the Australian public. It seems that some are almost threatened by the fact that most Aussies are rapt in the Socceroos at the moment.

The simple fact is that participation in soccer in this country is growing very quickly and it won't be long until it commands a much higher profile in Australia. This World Cup performance will help to guarantee that.

I know, for example, that soccer is being played in many private schools in Brisbane, where previously, it was unheard of. Rugby was the only football code played. Now it is considered a great achievement to make the 1st Eleven soccer team.

Time moves very quickly and it won't be long until today's 10 year olds will be playing for our country .....just imagine the impact the current performance of the Socceroos is having on many young boys throughout Australia. I think we are already seeing many parents who might previously have encouraged their kids to play rugby, trying to convince their kids to play soccer.....much less dangerous and of course, the World Game.

All this from a rugby supporter.....but credit where it's due I think.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.