ZFX zinifex limited

i love these zfx bashers, page-21

1. 2,020 Posts.
    Galv,

Have you accounted for Peru's new mine.

Milpo's

Peru zinc miner Milpo's Cerro Lindo project to start up in May

Lima (Platts)--18Jan2007

Compania Minera Milpo, Peru's fourth largest zinc producer, will start producing at the Cerro Lindo polymetallic project in May, a company official said on Thursday. Some 60% of the construction is complete on the mine, the official said, confirming a report in El Comercio newspaper.

Cerro Lindo, which required an investment of around $65 million, will process 5,000 mt of ore/day. The deposit is expected to produce 110,000 mt of zinc concentrates, 12,500 mt of lead concentrates and 8,500 mt of copper concentrates annually. The deposit's proven reserves are 5 million mt grading 6.7% zinc and 2.16% lead.

With Cerro Lindo, Milpo will process around 20,000 of ore/day, the official said. Milpo also operates the El Porvenir mine in the central Andes, the Chapi mine, which produces copper sulfate crystals in southern Peru and the Ivan mine in Chile.

According to figures from the Energy and Mines Ministry, Milpo produced 84,241 mt of zinc in the first 11 months of 2006, down 13.7% from a year earlier. It also produced 19,926 mt of fine lead and 6,507 mt of fine copper.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add ZFX (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.