you raise an interesting point. I had a peep at the FF site...

1. 47,383 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 649

you raise an interesting point. I had a peep at the FF site https://www.futurefund.gov.au/en/About-us/Our-funds#collapse_13c4f01f-e67a-4215-bc99-3de1f8162461 and it makes no mention of the Labs withdrawing money from the fund...

but it does mention specially referring to withdrawals: -

In accordance with the Future Fund Act 2006, from 2020 funds can be withdrawn from it to cover the annual unfunded Commonwealth superannuation liabilities.

However, in 2017 the Government announced it would not make withdrawals from the Fund in 2020 and indicated its inclination to allow the Fund to grow until at least 2026-27. Drawing down later on the Fund is projected to strengthen the Government’s financial position over the long term.

The Commonwealth’s unfunded liabilities are currently being paid out of consolidated revenue. By helping to meet these liabilities, the Future Fund will ease pressure on the Government’s budget at a time when an ageing population is likely to place significant pressure on its finances.

the whole website reads like Peter Costello wrote it himself.... the same dry monotonous tone.... oh I've got nothing against Costello. he was the brains of the Howard era imo. but Johnny had the smarts. its a pity John didn't have the smartness to know when his time was up. he should have honoured his agreement with Costello.

cheers @chappy58

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.