I am not new to trading, but I wasnt sure where to post this...

1. 91 Posts.
    I am not new to trading, but I wasnt sure where to post this general inquiry about online brokers, and the people who frequent this particular forum seem so helpful.

I have been using Westpac Broking for a while and they were pretty good, no glitches at all as far as order execution. Then they recently introduced a new trading platform. Talk about if it aint broke, dont fix it! There are one or two nice new bells and whistles such as intraday charts, but they have definitely thrown the baby out with the bathwater IMO.

Previously, I could enter a watchlist in nanoseconds with a list of codes space separated from Excel or Bullcharts (btw excellent Aussie made charting and scanning software). Now I have to tediously enter codes one at a time in a small dialog box a complete waste of time in a rapidly moving market. Time Im not prepared to waste so Im now looking for a new broker, especially since Westpac didnt even have the courtesy to reply to my very polite inquiry.

Two of my mates use Etrade and Commsec. They tell me they also have the same cumbersome system of entering codes one at a time in individual dialog boxes. Does anyone use Bell Direct? Im told they allow a watchlist of 49 codes good I usually narrow my speccy picks down to between 30-50 each day anyway. But do you know if one can enter the codes into a watchlist en masse having prearranged a group of codes elsewhere?

Or can anyone recommend any broker who does allow group import of a list of codes?

Thank you for your help.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.