i never begged to be pm

1. 7,659 Posts.
    http://www.theaustralian.com.au/national-affairs/i-never-begged-to-be-pm-tony-abbott/story-fn59niix-1226452371700

TONY Abbott has accused Tony Windsor of being embarrassed at putting Labor in power, following the independent's claim the Opposition Leader would have done anything to win office in 2010, including introducing a carbon tax.

Mr Windsor yesterday launched a scathing attack on the Opposition Leader in parliament, saying Mr Abbott had declared he would "do anything" but “sell my arse” to secure the keys to The Lodge.

But Mr Abbott hit back this morning and said Mr Windsor had changed his story several times.

“Back in 2010 he said that I didn't want it enough, now he says that I wanted it too much,” Mr Abbott told the Nine Network.

“I think Tony Windsor is just embarrassed that along with Bob Brown he is responsible for putting in place the worst government in Australia's history.”

Mr Abbott said he would never use such language as described by Mr Windsor.

“It's just not the language that I would ever use,” he said.

“And self-evidently I wasn't prepared to do anything to become prime minister, because self-evidently unlike Julia Gillard I wasn't prepared to put in a carbon tax in clear breach of pre-election commitments.”

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.