SSN 0.00% 1.5¢ samson oil & gas limited

Hi Andrew 1234,I appreciate your concern and wise words. I only...

1. 83 Posts.
    Hi Andrew 1234,
    I appreciate your concern and wise words. I only make this sort of decision if I have a buffer and I am comfortable with my position. Without divulging personal info, yes its true that I would be considerably worse off if the SP drops significantly, and that is a real possibility, but I have taken a calculated risk and I have put in place stop losses, etc, as I recommend everyone to do. Everybody trades differently, and we each act on our instincts differently. You do have to be sensible about these investments and especially with small cap stocks. A friend of mine put all his spare cash in WES shares before the GFC and he is only now breaking even, so you never know.

I think that you should never invest (or gamble) more than you are willing to part with. It takes a lot of courage or stupidity or insider info to put a large amount of cash into stocks, and I've been down a lot on stocks like RIO and AXO not too long ago, buying in when I thought the market had reached close to bottom, only to have the DOW drop 1000 points intraday (we all remember that day don't we?)but fortunately the frightening figures in red have only been losses on paper. I have learned not to sell into panic.

Have a good night guys. Hope tomorrow is a better day for SSN.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SSN (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.