i remember the howard years...

1. 216 Posts.
    This is quite simply an observation.

I recall the national discourse back before the election of the Rudd/Gillard governments, it was lacking of any true venom or hatred for differing opinions, the dissatisfied were not vocal and kept to themselves.

And it makes me wonder now, whether the 'left' are made of a different stock. Are they more able to get on with it, acknowledge that their preferred political party are not in office, and make do with the policies of a conservative government without constantly whining and protesting.

What is it about the 'right'? Why must they b*tch ad nauseum about this current government when we have it so good? We have record low unemployment, low interest rates, record investment flows, inflation under control, and we're on the verge of a surplus. I don't mean to repeat the talking points of the labor party, but these are facts. Why must the right dispute these facts?

These last few years, but particularly the past 6 months, where the right have questioned the institutions such as the ABS, RBA, CSIRO, Treasury whatever it may be as long as it benefits their point of view has confirmed to me that the right are indeed of a very different make up, more inclined to participate in playground politics, and quite frankly have turned our current debate into a you're team vs our team reminiscent of the drunken blind support of one's footy team.

What a disgrace, I don't remember this from the left during the Howard years, people got on with their lives....

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.