KAR 0.00% $1.48 karoon energy ltd

i say good news, page-103

1. Ya
    6,809 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 3829
    Picko

I am not sure if they will drill any deviated wells or risk drilling a 8.5" hole upto 5100+ metres, due to high tectonic stresses. I know all wells at Torosa are vertical & apart frm Nth SR#1, the rest are spread out & r still being appraised. If u look at WPL's SReef topo on 1 of their reports, it becomes clearer.

2 separate things here, I was onto at the same time. Water injn in an oilfield (which isnt the case here, as u said) & gas injcn back to the reservoir (an offshoot is the sequestration bit i.e reinjct the CO2 frm the separator onboard the FLNG semisub. Haven't heard COPKAR talk abt it so could b on the backburner, but CVX r doing this at Gorgon).

Now there r different ways to skin a cat, or in this case gas:cond stripping, reinjcn etc. As far as the C:G bit goes, some of the scenarios would b,

1) On an FLNG, they will strip the condensate & flare some of the gas

2) a/a & pipe the gas 600km's to Darwin, but since there's no pipeline yet, they could

3) strip & reinjct gas back to the reserovir (more appropriate for now)

4) Hire a FLNG for the cond. & pipe gas to a floating LNG train.

As u've mentioned, at Crux the CGR is quite high compared to Torosa field, however the intent is same, some wells b injectors for the gas back into the Plover & Montara for Shell to access frm Jan 1 2021, until then NXS will take the cream off the milk (ie strip the cond & sell it) until 31/12/2020).

Still early days to comment after 2 wells at Pos & 2 future wells at KR. Their phase-2 drilling campaign later in the year should highlight COP-KAR's intent.

cheers

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add KAR (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$1.48
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $1.187B
Open High Low Value Volume
$1.51 $1.51 $1.48 $9.090M 6.098M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 34975 $1.48

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$1.49 3831 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 13/09/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
KAR (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.