OXR oxiana limited

Hi,The is a lot of concern about OXR falling stock price lately....

1. 62 Posts.
    Hi,

The is a lot of concern about OXR falling stock price lately. The obvious reason the price is falling is that we are currently in a bear market. I sense fear and panic in Mr Market. I know that this is a good time to buy.

Warren Buffett the oracle from Omaha has 24 points for investors from his book "how Buffett does it" by James Pardoe. I'd like to refresh everyone with them because they are especially more relevent and better points than I can make.

1) Choose Simplicity Over Complexity. OXR are simple they dig stuff up and ship it to china

2) Make your own investment decisions. I would put too much faith in what those big funds are doing with OXR whether it's buy, sell or otherwise.

3) Maintain proper temperament. Try not to buy or sell when you are emotionally charged.

4)Be Patient. Currently the stockmarket is volatile. Volatility happens in high inflation bear markets. But Volatility means stocks that go down go up as well.

5)Buy Businesses, Not Stocks. It's important to look at the underlying value of the stocks. OXR has huge cash reserves and profitable mines. These fundamentals will be recognised by the market in time.

6) Buy Low -Tech, Not High-Tech. Can't get any more low tech than digging stuff up out of the ground. Although some mining is highly sophisticated in the main the concept is simple.

7)Concentrate your stock Investments. Without risk there is no reward. If you diversify all your investment over many stocks you loose all your risk and you increase the complexity of managing your portfolio. By concentrating all your investment into a few stocks it is much easier to learn everthing about that stock and judge undervalued and overvalued opportunities.

8) Practice Inactivity, Not Hyperactivity. Robert Holmes Court used to saying there was no problem that couldn't be solved by waiting 24 hours. If you constantly churn your stock your transaction costs go up and you also increase the chance of missing the high highs and low lows.

9) Don't look at the ticker. If you constant look at every change of stock price you may panic your self.

10) View Market downturns as buying opportunities. Warren Buffet made most of his money by buying Coca Cola and other great value firms when the market paniced and undervalued the firms. The bull comes up the stairs and the bear goes out the window. So when value changes you make far more money in quick changing bear markets than in bull markets.

11) Don't swing at every pitch.

12) Ignore the Macro focus on the micro.

13) Take a close look at management. In someways I wish I could have gone to the shareholders meeting. Mayber someone can fill me in on the events?

14) Remeber the Emperor Wears no Clothes

15) Practice Independent thinking

16)
    Stay within your circle of Competence

17) Ignore Stock Market Forecasts

18) Understand Mr Market and the MArgin of Safety

19) Be fearful when others are greedy and greedy when others are feerful

20) Read, Reda some more and think

21) Use All Your Horsepower

23) Avoid the Costly Mistakes of Others

24) Become a Sound Investor.

Lastly I would like to add that if you hold stock at 3ish and then buy the same amount at 2ish the stock only has to go back up to 2.5 ish for you to make your money back.

Ryan

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add OXR (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.