APX 1.50% $1.02 appen limited

From what I've read, appen is way behind in the LLM space....

1. 74 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 31
    From what I've read, appen is way behind in the LLM space. https://www.cnbc.com/2023/09/06/appen-which-helps-amazon-and-google-train-ai-is-reeling.html

quote Lisa Braden-Harder, who served as CEO of Appen until 2015, echoed that sentiment, telling CNBC that “data-labeling is completely different” than how data collection works in a ChatGPT world.“I am not clear that their past experience of data labeling is a competitive advantage now,” she said. /quote

They do not have the talent nor the tech to compete effectively in LLM RHLF. All they have is their diverse crowd made mostly of people with disability or people in impoverished countries, but RLHF needs domain experts.

If there's a new management with a vision, I wager there'll be a $200 million CR below $0.15, basically making exist shares worthless. The board is clueless on this industry, they fired the moron Mark only to hire an even bigger moron who chased away almost all of senior management. For a good management to come, shareholders must nominate a CEO, fire the board, nominate a new board too. But which competent person wants to work at the dying appen when better competitors are dime a dozen? I still think t/o is the most positive outcome for current shareholders, then liquidation. New management with a vision means current shareholders are wiped out IMHO.

Feels to me this CEO is just trying to milk the dying cow and pocket as much money as possible before it goes out. Silver tongue, all bark no bite.
    Last edited by pilbaraLithium: 29/01/24

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add APX (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$1.02
Change
0.015(1.50%)
Mkt cap ! $226.3M
Open High Low Value Volume
97.5¢ $1.09 96.5¢ $17.20M 16.66M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 2971 $1.01

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$1.02 18189 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 02/09/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
APX (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.