MSB 1.29% $1.18 mesoblast limited

Reggie, If you must know, how I came to post on MSB was due to...

1. 16,589 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 8102
    Reggie,

If you must know, how I came to post on MSB was due to my having knees in bad shape, probably from playing too much rugby or squash when I was young and I thought I was invincible.

And then someone about 18 months ago suggested I try an injection of stem cells.

I never did get round to going for any treatment (not because I don't believe in stem cells, I have to stress; I am completely ambivalent as to whether or not stem cell treatment will fix my knees; it's just that - like most crusty farts my age - I dislike going to medical practitioners of any kind.)

But the discussion with my associate did jog my memory about a company listed on the ASX that was proceeding down the path of stem cell therapy, namely MSB, so out of little other than a vague sense of curiosity I one day downloaded a MSB annual report from the ASX website, and I started to flick through it.

I also read some research on the company and visited a few websites on stem cells, including HotCopper.

My early posts on HotCopper concerning MSB were met with what I found to be undue hostility, and indeed a sort of cult-like mentality on the part of some posters, which only to prompted me to continue my involvement on the forum.

Since then, some of the tactics used by some posters to discredit me or to try to get me to stop posting I found to be very underhanded, and have had the opposite of the desired impact.

So I guess it became a matter of principle that has maintained my interest in this forum: I didn't think it was right to be bullied by people who happened to not like my opinion. (And by "bully" I don't simply mean people who said things I didn't like, but people who actively lied outright or intentionally mis-represented what I said, in an attempt to discredit me) .

I particularly resent the accusations and allegations made over and over that I was/am personally deriving monetary profit by my participation on MSB threads, either by acting in isolation, or as part of some corporate entity intent on manipulating proceedings.

For example, even you are mis-representing my views in your most recent post:

"...nothing but insignificant news..." : I have never said that nor implied it.

"...is fast running out of cash...": I have never said that nor implied it.

"... has produced nothing but dubious trial results..." I have never said that nor implied it.

"... has a key partner Teva which will be bolting the door at the earliest opportunity...". I have never said that nor implied it.

These sorts of inaccurate statements, along with terms like "constant white-anting", serve no purpose other than to make sure that I am seen as some sort of extreme, MSB-basher.

Which I am not.

And I have said this many times before: if MSB reaches the point of commercial self-sustainability, the intrinsic value of the company will be materially higher than it is today.

I have never once proffered a view on how likely or unlikely that outcome is, and what the pathway to it might look like. Never. Not once.

I have never ever said, I don't believe this company will make it, or I believe this company will fail, or I don't believe this company has got any worthwhile Intellectual Property.

And the reason I've never said these sorts of things (or things to the contrary, for that matter) is that I simply don't know. No one does, I don't believe.

As to your question why do I post "just" on MSB, and on no other stock, well there are two parts to the answer.

The first is that what has kept me glued here has been the particular brand of vehemence and acrimony directed towards posters who dared to question any aspect of the company. I have not come across anything as strident and as mercurial as I have seen this on MSB threads.

The second reason has to do with the maximum amount of my time I want to spend on HotCopper. I don't care to invest more time than I do on this site, which is maybe an hour or two a day. (I certainly don't care to post on weekends.) And as it is I find MSB alone is causing my "time budget" to be stretched. So the last thing I have time for is getting involved in other stock forums.

The ironic thing is that I am not as vehemently opposed to investing in MSB as some might believe. I simply think it is too early, and that additional boxes need ticking. For me, that is.

In fact, I see many businesses that I think are infinitely worse investments than MSB. I guess the reason I ended up posting on MSB, and not on any of those other stocks, is purely a function of chance.

I hope you accept my explanation of "Why MSB, and not another stock?"
    Although it would come as no surprise to me if you don't.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add MSB (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$1.18
Change
0.015(1.29%)
Mkt cap ! $1.347B
Open High Low Value Volume
$1.15 $1.20 $1.15 $4.551M 3.886M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 98246 $1.17

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$1.18 19079 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 16/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
MSB (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.