AGL 0.96% $10.55 agl energy limited.

I think Government must support AGL

1. 341 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 23
    I think Government must support AGL. I cannot imagine Australia without electricity and AGL is the biggest gentailer in Australia. The market cap has dropped to $4Billion which to put that in perspective, it is almost same as Zip money. This sounds like a joke which has come to reality at the expense of us shareholders which most of us are holding from above $15 per share.
    I think we need a royal comission to investigate whats behind this massive drop. Yesterday I could see parcels of 500K shares being dumped on the sell side to push the price this low.
    I don't think its got anything to do with weak hands as most shareholders wont sell this cheap.
    ASX mostly follows US market. Surprisingly when I checked the US market ,some US gentailers have reached their all time high now. That is what makes this huge fall for AGL suspicious and worth an investigation as we are being rubbed in the daylight by whoevers behind this.

Also about the Elec wholesale prices:
    If Government has caused Wholesale prices to fall to the extent of loss making for gentailers, then I think government should subsidise electricity and compensate the gentailers . It shouldn't be us shareholders subsidising this with our own hard earned savings.

If you look at pharmaceuticals , some medications that we can buy for $10 at the chemist are being sold for few hundred dollars by Pharma Companies. They get subsidised. Otherwise these pharma companies would go bust and no one wants that. I think same should happen with Electricity market. If it is not a free market and its being regulated , then it should be subsidised.

Please share your opinions.
    IMHO, DYOR

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AGL (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$10.55
Change
0.100(0.96%)
Mkt cap ! $7.097B
Open High Low Value Volume
$10.47 $10.58 $10.41 $46.39M 4.416M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
6 140467 $10.55

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$10.56 620 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 21/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
AGL (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.