AGL 1.39% $10.68 agl energy limited.

Dot, I agree, the future for both AGL and Accel does have a...

1. 155 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1

Dot, I agree, the future for both AGL and Accel does have a light at the end : -

The government will adjust the way the NEM works to provide for what they are calling a capacity mechanism. This allows coal and gas generation to provide and get paid for providing standby capacity in the system. It will ensure the stability of the grid and provide for a managed transition to full renewable.

Generators back power reforms to keep lights on (copyright link)

Over this period, AGL (and other) will transform their current generation sites to renewable generation/storage, as outlined in their energy hub proposal. Centralist generation is a better outcome for everyone, and the environment.

There is also a push for institutional investors to support and be involved with the transition to renewable generation. Not just walk away from companies like AGL, but to work with, and be seen to be enabling the orderly removal coal and gas generation.

Through the demerger AGL is positioning itself to take advantage of this (to retain SH value) and I would expect to see lots of good news green energy stories coming out of these Energy Hubs in the future.

How brightly the light shines and when, its yet to be seen, but it’s there.

Last edited by Pa2000: 17/08/21

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AGL (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$10.68
Change
-0.150(1.39%)
Mkt cap ! $7.184B
Open High Low Value Volume
$10.75 $10.81 $10.57 $21.68M 2.031M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 105 $10.66

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$10.68 3500 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 01/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
AGL (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.