LAW 0.00% 0.5¢ lawfinance limited

I have been in and out of this stock for the past year and a...

1. 219 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 4
    I have been in and out of this stock for the past year and a half - my main reason for investing was due to the fact that I believed the funding business was solid and the litigation business was valued at bugger all by the market (unfairly so in my opinion).

After digging deeper in the early days after the acquisition of the Litman Holdings cases, I believed these debenture cases which JKL acquired, all had some merit to them with a solid chance of success (now this was pure speculation on my part as I don't have any law experience) However success in one of these cases would provide me with confidence in the other cases as they were all somewhat related.

After following the first case intently (first case that I expected to be settled) there was delay after delay, as I am sure is normal proceedings in the courts....however I believe that settlement has finally been agreed upon!

https://www.comcourts.gov.au/file/Federal/P/QUD591/2015/3730929/event/29221361/document/1094758
    (See point 4 in the above link)

Although JKL has changed somewhat since 2016 and my initial investment thesis didn't play out as expected, however this agreed settlement does change everything imo.... The value of the litigation portfolio (if they still decide to sell, will without doubt be at a premium now) with the Lucerne debt to potentially be paid off, with a surplus left over.

With the two Anthony's and Dianne at the helm, costs now under control and Kapp half way out the door - JKL at these prices seems like a no brainer.

My understanding is the Wickham case was a $37million case and the other 2 debenture cases were $100million and $50mill claims respectively.... Personally my hope is that both these cases are the other 2 they have decided to keep - but if not I am sure they will sell them on for top dollar now.

* Disclaimer - I have not received correspondence from management as to wether JKL are involved in the above cases - however from my research I am all but certain that they are - and we will be receiving an announcement once the courts approve the settlement of both parties.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add LAW (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.