Had a week ender in Jarrahdale and nice but after a while you...

1. 30,132 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1782
    Had a week ender in Jarrahdale and nice but after a while you find it too small not real welcoming to outsiders.

That's the problem with a lot of places. They look nice and you can buy a bargain somewhere fabulous. But then narrow-minded insular thinking intrudes. A couple I met once in Melbourne said they bought a great house in Tasmania and they loved doing it up. But the narrowness of the locals really got to them. So they sold up. Couldn't wait to be back in a city where you never know who you will meet, and you find a lot of culture too.

I love Melbourne but it's by no means the most beautiful place in the world to live. Plus Covid-19 has hollowed the place out for now. But it will revive.

I loved Perth but it seemed like everyone knows everyone else and it felt like they were catching up after school, 20+ years on. Summer there is brutal, but nothing on the Pilbara. It's very isolated though and you don't feel that until you want to make a phone call to the east and you realise they're already in bed.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.