I don't think you read closely what I was saying. And it IS...

1. 30,133 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1782
    I don't think you read closely what I was saying. And it IS weird when people bump into all their school friends on a causal visit to the city. It's like they are keeping tabs on each-other.

That's not a city. It's similar to that in Canberra, without the school thing, but it's where you basically scan the room when you arrive somewhere because you definitely will know someone where ever you go. It's also a fantastic place to live and not many people realise that. Close to ski fields and not far to the beaches. The air is fresh it's unbelievably good.

It's just different to big cities; and Sydney and Melbourne are cities of an international size. 4.9 million people in Melbourne is simply big. There are pluses and minuses. It means you can go out and something totally unexpected will happen and you meet really interesting people. That's the element of a big city that I love. There are minuses to that as well. Surely this goes without saying. And who goes somewhere and expects everyone to be the same as themselves? That's not an experienced traveller that's an idiot.
    Last edited by dolcevita: 15/11/20

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.