That can't happen with either car because they both have...

1. 10,699 Posts.
    That can't happen with either car because they both have exploding bonnet hinges, an idea that seems to be unique to Australia, unfortunately. There are sensors in the front that trigger explosive bolts that shoot the back of the bonnet up high so that pedestrians slide up and over the roof without going through the windscreen. I couldn't believe it when I realised the Z has them too!
    It costs over $5,000 to repair after they fire because the bonnet is stuffed so i'm careful in the areas that roos are common. At night I drive down the middle of the road, unless someone is coming, so the odds are even from either side. The Z is a lot bigger and heavier[and thirstier] but has big brakes and tyres so hopefully it can stand on it's nose when a giant male leaps on the road and stands there staring, as they are prone to do at night. I've had to use the horn to make them get out of the way before but there's always the thought that they could panic and take off into or over the car.

Just in passing, the bird life down this neck of the woods is fantastic. There's almost constant bird song and all the weird noises they make.

Sorry to get so off subject.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.