Sorry all, it was the AFR first couple of paras, below. Bubble?...

1. 3,214 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 951
    Sorry all, it was the AFR first couple of paras, below. Bubble? I don't think so - Perth's got a jobs boom going on due to mining (please see commodity prices for details..) , and is having to import labour from the other states to fill it. Its already in shortage, and is using every incentive its got to get labour to relocate to Perth/WA (see NRWs latest report for details, amongst others) so it doesn't get caught short by another border closure due to Covid (and particularly, Covid mutations).

Commodity boom is set to sustain for a decade are the latest reports I've seen.

Then, once you get borders opening - expectation is that even more will move (currently, for even one person leaving Perth, two are moving here, according to the removalists data) as being "The Most Isolated City on Earth" just changed into being a very big virtue. "Safest Place on Earth, Perth" is still a tagline I like, but I don't want to jinx it!

Finally, McGowan's taking the resources boom royalties, and using it to create even more jobs, plus bring the unis into the CBD... "boom".

https://www.domain.com.au/news/brisbane-gold-coast-perth-outstrip-sydney-and-melbournes-prestige-property-market-1029227/

Brisbane, Gold Coast, Perth outstrip Sydney and Melbourne prestige property markets

Perth property leads nation, set for double-digit growth this year

Martin KellyProperty Reporter
    Feb 24, 2021 – 6.18pm

After years in the doldrums, Perth’s property market has emerged as the nation’s strongest with two separate reports pegging the West Australian capital as the national market leader in price growth.

In its Australia Real Estate Market Outlook Report, released yesterday, CBRE predicted Perth houses this year would increase in value by between 9 per cent and 12 per cent, and unit prices would rise 5 to 7 per cent.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.