ZIP 1.45% $1.70 zip co limited..

jaminson533 you could well be right, and bnpl seems to have...

1. 82 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 22
    jaminson533 you could well be right, and bnpl seems to have carved out it's place among the younger generation.
    However zip has zip competitive advantage against far better resourced competitors.
    If they can ride through the current downturn they may ultimately have some market or, more likely, be acquired by a competitor
    that sees more value in buying them than trying to grow organically. but I expect every one of their customers has another bank, which will sooner or later offer bnpl to its existing customers if it thinks its worthwhile.But, zips loan book is rubbish, and its customers are already banking elsewhere

So, they need to survive, and insolvency is simply a matter of spending more than youre bringing in for a long enough period of time;
    and then not being able to bring in more capital. To me, theyre facing some mighty headwinds, reducing expenditure while also trying to grow market and revenue (in the face of reducing discretionary spend, shrinking margins and few external funders willing to take further bets).
    In my opinion, maybe they can cling on, more likely theyre going to slip off.
    As always, do your own reflecting, esp as you quite possibly know more about their demographic than I do. But I personally dont see they have any secret sauce (or source). If I had some pesos to spare, Id be shorting them to 20c, but in the meantime, interesting to watch in a hubristic sort of way. dyor (and maybe ask scotty from marketing for one of his miracles)

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add ZIP (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$1.70
Change
-0.025(1.45%)
Mkt cap ! $1.951B
Open High Low Value Volume
$1.75 $1.77 $1.68 $16.19M 9.417M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 5300 $1.70

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$1.70 86880 4
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 12/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
ZIP (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.