1. The primary objective of any life-form is to procreate, thus...

1. 5,131 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 12
    1. The primary objective of any life-form is to procreate, thus ensuring the survival of the species.

Yes you're correct. The primary objective of any life-form is to procreate and this does ensure the survival of the species. However the primary objective of any member of a species is not necessarily to procreate.

2.As a parent of two school-aged children, I find the amount of utter rubbish they're being force fed about being gay, pan-romantic, non-binary, trans-gender or gender neutral completely infuriating. For gods sake, navigating their way through adolescence is confusing enough without this crap to deal with.

As a parent of a school-aged adolescent, I am grateful for the support shown by the school for LGBTQI and gender inclusiveness. It is great that schools support diversity. Support is not to be confused with actively encouraging certain choices. Schools are acknowledging what is already part of our community. This is preferable to denying the existence of LGBTQI individuals. If this helps make individuals more comfortable with their sexual preference then this is great. If this lowers the incidence of mental illness, attempted suicide and suicide in the LGBTQI community then it has been worthwhile.

3. If I vote "No", suddenly I'm labelled a homophobic, anti-gay, unintelligent bigot. This in itself is enough to justify a big old "NO" vote from me.

Ultimately I don't care how you vote. You're entitled to vote "NO", free from prejudice. This is different to when you publicly attempt to justify why you voted "NO", in which case your peers will judge your argument and rational.

4. Why has being gay become so 'trendy' these days? Why does nearly EVERY TV show include the token gay or lesbian character? Why is it all over YouTube, Instagram, Social Media and mainstream media? Is this all part of a larger agenda to reduce our species to a state of ambiguous androgyny? I feel like I can't escape the 'gay web' from imposing itself upon me at every turn. This is simply WRONG!!!

People have always being gay. To use the word "trendy" is a glib attempt to dismiss it as something less meaningful. I'm glad that homosexual individuals feel more comfortable with expressing their sexual preference and not concealing it.
    Do you really feel that "our" species will be reduced to a state of ambiguous androgyny? This contradicts your first point.
    You are being melodramatic. There is no gay web, or any insidious connotations that such a metaphor is supposed to invoke, just your perception of a gay web.

5. NO ONE is born gay!!! In fact, I would question whether some people who claim to be gay actually are gay or if they just like the idea of being gay. And what even constitutes being gay? Sexual intercourse? Or just the declaration of "I'm gay!" I liken it to being a virgin. You either are or you aren't a virgin and there's a pretty clear cut distinction between the two. How many young, impressionable, trend-following teenage or adolescent kids out their claim to be gay without even experiencing what it really means to be gay? I mean, geez ... anal sex can really hurt!!! But seriously, being attracted to a fellow man or women is one thing,

How do you know that "NO ONE is born gay"? I can't recall reading any definitive research about this. Can you put forward the documented scientific studies that support your tenet.
    Yes I can see you question "gayness". Do you also question the behavior of individuals as genuine "heterosexuals". History has a record of many sham marriages. Where homosexuals have married because of societal pressure.
    I imagine the driving force behind being homosexual is little different to that of being heterosexual. From a biological perspective there are fundamental differences between the sexes but there are many more things in common. The differences generally drive men to be attracted to women and vice versa. Given that human beings are the complex product of 30-40000 genes, including all of the additional variant expressions of genes due to genetic splicing, it is not hard to imagine that this biological system sometimes transposes attraction.
    Unless you have tried anal sex, how do you know that it "can really hurt"? Why do you limit male homosexual expression purely to "anal sex" and forget to mention other forms of sexual fulfilment. Why do you not share the same concern about heterosexuals?
    Why don't you see SS relationships as enjoying the same intimacy as heterosexual relationships? Why focus on the sexual expression of a relationship and not the other more important fundamental elements of any relationship like trust and similar interests.

6. It is an unquestionable fact that homosexual men are renowned for being among the most sexually promiscuous members of society. Obviously this is not true in all cases, but hey ... majority rules! Is this something we want to be promoting to our children?
    Provide the proof of your unquestionable fact. Put up your data demonstrating increase promiscuity. Why does this matter to you? Why would you generalize this as being true of all homosexual men.
    Some heterosexuals are promiscuous yet you don't label all heterosexuals as being promiscuous.

========================================================================================
    Ultimately you're going to be right. The majority will rule.
    Last edited by siroccomagic: 25/09/17

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.