BPT 2.21% $1.11 beach energy limited

vic gov't has a moratorium till Dec. I heard on tv news and that...

1. 7,016 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 52
    vic gov't has a moratorium till Dec. I heard on tv news and that according to Minister Peter Ryan is largely to conform with and follow [not lead] the other Eastern States and to wait till a national position is announced on whether to allow coal seam fraccing.
    The odd things about this Greens push for a total ban on CSG fraccing AND mining of coal on agricultural land in QLD NSW and VIC are:
    1/ That COAL mining, which usually means a big hole in the ground unless they start doing a NZ type underground mine [like at Pike River Coal], is not akin to CSG which involves only a little temporary disruption to the agri. land's surface, with scant offtake infrastructure and small dewatering dams.
    2/ Despite that fact COAL Mining is lumped together with CSG drilling on greenies anti CSG protest posters as if CSG extraction is MINING.

So by the gas industry allowing this perception of Coal and CSG as one and the same devilish thing and by not forcefully arguing its case for the complete separation of rules for these two vastly different forms of Mineral extraction, it is doing itself no favours in the eyes of the public nor in the eyes of the LANDOWNERS involved, who have combined with the Greens protesters, to oppose both industries and have formed a protest movement called "Lock The Gates"

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add BPT (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$1.11
Change
-0.025(2.21%)
Mkt cap ! $2.520B
Open High Low Value Volume
$1.13 $1.14 $1.09 $9.538M 8.626M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 94545 $1.10

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$1.11 199949 8
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 06/09/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
BPT (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.