BRN 0.00% 17.0¢ brainchip holdings ltd

I Want To Believe, page-434

1. 1,721 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 3779
    From your link: "Launched in 2012, Fox Sports Brasil has taken the lead in bringing world-class sports to as many viewers as possible, and has quickly become a top sports broadcaster in Brazil. We own rights to several exclusive sporting events, including the 2018 FIFA World Cup—which set new viewership records for the channel."

Louis mentioned FIFA once... Haha! biggrin.pngrolleyes.png
    I wonder if he'd alter his potential storage market revenue projection, from the March 2018 Quarter Update Presentation? "20 to 30 million dollars annually" "beginning late 18 with significant growth opportunities as the technology, as we expect, is to go to widespread adoption". Perhaps the beginning of that revenue will be touched on in early 19? redface.png

BrainChip Holdings (ASX:BRN) March 2018 Quarter Update Presentation (May 02, 2018)
    https://www.finnewsnetwork.com.au/archives/finance_news_network169365.html

https://hotcopper.com.au/data/attachments/1432/1432344-1ea86cbf6add07000d42e1b13722f2bc.jpg

"I want to move on to the next slide which talks about Quantum Corporation, and again this is an OEM engagement, which I believe is the best business model for the company, Quantum. I call them located in San Jose California. They're spread throughout the United States. They actually have some folks in Australia, they have folks in southern California, San Jose, as well as up in Oregon. They are a leading supplier of large scale storage, that includes both discs, spinning media as well as tape backup. The company has been in business a very long time. About 400, maybe a little bit more, maybe 450 million US in sales. Again, I know the company very well from prior experience.

Storage is fundamental to everything that was talked about, civil surveillance, public safety, commercial surveillance which include gaming, the internet of things called IoT, big data. And frankly have a very big business in media and entertainment, which is the storage of sporting events; could be NASCAR, the National Basketball Association, FIFA. You know so everywhere around the world, there are literally dozens if not hundreds of high definition cameras that are recording everything that goes on at a sporting event. If you think about civil surveillance, estimates are anywhere between three and 500 million cameras in the world, public safety, schools, banks and other places.

And public safety is a big concern. Commercial surveillance in the gaming industry, if you think about 24 hours a day, seven days a week, 365 days a year, we're talking about terabytes, gigabytes, not terabytes but petabytes of video that's been recorded that has to be at some point whether it's because of a crime, because they want to generate a commercial or do a replay at a sporting event or replay on something at a sporting event. They have to be able to quickly search an enormous amount of data and our BrainChip's studio solution whether that is in the form of software running on their server, which may be the case which may be the case with StorNext on Quantum. Or it may be our accelerator card plug in so that they get more throughput, more density, the ability to quickly analyze and get to what it is that you're looking for. I think this is an important part of what we're learning about the storage space, potentially reduce the requirement for storage itself. So you can bring down the overall cost of those petabytes that have to be stored.

There are other leading suppliers in the storage market and frankly the big five, so HP, Dell, IBM, NetApp and Hitachi, it's in that order. NetApp might be bigger than IBM but somewhat in this order. And you know one of the wonderful things about the relationship with Quantum when we put that press release out that said we had demonstrated interoperability and they will be kind of co-marketing with us at this juncture, the StorNext platform that they provide with Brainchip Studio. Now within a day, we had inbound traffic from one of the majors in this space. No one's going to overlook the fact that a company like Quantum which has 400 or 150 million in revenue has found a compelling solution with our SNN search capabilities. Generally, these numbers that are very, very modest penetration of a very, very large market, but 20 to 30 million dollars annually. Given what we've seen and what will be touched beginning late 18's with significant growth opportunities as a technology, as we expect is to go to widespread adoption.

I'm trying to size these things and give a little bit more insight to where we think the large revenue capability or the potential for the company, as we get into late 18 and 19. So it's just mentioned that these are based really on modest penetration of a very large market. Again these are OEM partners. So again I think it's maybe somewhat cultural, but we won't get contracts that say here's what we're going to buy. Here's how many things we need to remember, I think there's two things. Number one they're OEM partners. And number two this is software. Having done hardware chips solutions which will be the case, prophetically will be the case when we get to Akida when you build a chip. It takes 16 to 20 weeks to build that device. So your OEM partners and of course, your end-user partners. But more importantly when you're building hardware your OEM partner gives you a forecast and they have to sign up for a supply agreement, because it is 20 weeks between the day they tell you they need something and the day you can actually deliver. When you're doing software, there's very little lead time. It's basically a software drop from an FTP site, so we get, we get a bit less visibility selling software that will change as Akida really comes to be the predominant solution that the company is marketing.
    Last edited by glutenfree: 08/02/19

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add BRN (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
17.0¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $333.6M
Open High Low Value Volume
17.0¢ 18.0¢ 16.8¢ $1.713M 9.977M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
7 308539 17.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
17.5¢ 1292113 14
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 30/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
BRN (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.