GOLD 0.51% $1,391.7 gold futures

i want to buy small cap gold stocks, page-54

1. 1,364 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 52
    I bought TRY for $1.07 recently, and it slipped ever since...typical for me....had watched it for a while and it seemed to have bottomed out at $1 until i bought.

Anyway, i was surprised after i bought to see a recent ann. with cash costs of $660/oz for open pit 5g/ton.
    They say they have a "back-up" of stockpiled ore at 3g/ton.
    I rang the company and asked if the 3g/ton ore would even be profitable since the higher grade was already costing $660/oz....the guy i spoke to basically said "well you figure it out".
    Hmmm.....

The underground ore is expected to be up to 11g/ton so perhaps cash costs will be much lower once they mine that, but to offset that underground mining is more expensive than open pit, so I am not sure if they will hit the 300/oz cost they are aiming for.

These questions, along with some charting comments targetting 50c and a plumetting market, lead me to sell at a loss for 77c....with the intention of possibly coming back in at a lower entry.

She may have a bit of a run Monday, but for how long I wonder?
    I am still holding CTO which has held up extremely well compared to TRY the last 2 weeks.

What do others think of CTO?....they appear to have like 5M ozs@ 1/2 an oz per ton, and are aiming for 10M ozs eventually.
    They have taken a while to get mining it, but it looks like the sort of deposit that would interest the "big boys" in the future.
    Not sure why they have to spend cash digging a 2000 meter hole though....i would rather they just get on with ramping up production,(300k ozs per annum eventual target) but maybe they are trying to position themselves as a takeover target for a bigger fish?
    A 10M oz deposit at 1/2 oz per ton grade would surely be an enviable deposit (In Oz also) when/if gold does it's thing.
    But i wonder how much it costs to mine down as far as 2000m...it seems awfully deep....like TRY they also estimate costs at 300/oz or so.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add GOLD (COMEX) to my watchlist

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.