Howard had to navigate through numerous, local and international...

1. 25,520 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 7
    Howard had to navigate through numerous, local and international difficulties, including eliminating the horrendous Federal Deficit his government inherited from the Keating lead Federal Labor Government, which I remember very well, because, for a number of years I had an impost on my salary to pay for it.

And furthermore, as I have previously stated on this site, his Government had to navigate through numerous problems, both international and local, eg the horrendous effects of 9/11, the SE Asian Economic Crisis, the East Timor Intervention, the Bali Bombing by Muslim fanatical fruit cakes that would have seen a Labor Government running away like whimpering rabbits, the Ansett debacle with its attendant whinging and whining under worked and over paid employees, and, of course, Howard's brave decision to ban firearms after the Port Arthur Massacre (who can forget him standing in public in front of a crowd of angry farmers against the firearms ban).

Thank goodness, in that very difficult period on our history, we had a Federal Government with guts. Anyone who can't remember those intense difficulties must either have a poor memory, or a poor mental condition( see a psychiatrist ASAP), or has only just left prep, or has an ingrained political bias which only allows him/her to visualise one political side of Australian history.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.