i was wrong

1. 58 Posts.
    Evening all,

It has been some time since I have posted but have been following the forum for years.
    I have been a semi-bear for around 5 years or so but the time has come for me to admit that I was wrong on property.
    I have been an advocate of the Keen type theories and average price to average income ratios etc however I totally underestimated the power of the vested interests.
    Since 2008 when I sold my home for several reasons(including a belief that the boom couldn't go on),I have been renting and had to move 4 times.
    I totally underestimated the toll moving has on a young family and now I am locked out of my area and the next 20 kms down the road.
    For all of you out there who are considering doing what I did,think again because living in limbo and hoping for a crash is no way to live.Please take this as a warning.
    As the missus said today,"I just want to be able to put family photos on the wall."
    This simple statement is the final nail and I shall now do whatever it takes to get our own "home" back no matter how far.
    Please all remember that that is what we are really talking about-not property.
    It is about lives,families and security-not making a quid and being smarter than the next mug.
    Family is EVERYTHING.
    I have made my bed and now must lie in it.
    Thankyou to those whom have replied to my infrequent posts over the years and good luck to all in your "home" endeavours.

P.S.Please don't gloat as I have suffered enough already.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.