SAS 0.00% 1.6¢ sky and space company ltd

I wish, page-46

1. 1,885 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 970
    Thanks "OzJ" for your request for confirmation. I believe that what I have posted is correct and also verified by the initial announcement you refer to, dated 15th March 2016.

“Sat Space has committed to providing ground based infrastructure support for SSG’s initial phase of 2 - 3 nano satellites to be built, launched and tested by mid – 2017.”
    Here we see Sat Space undertaking to play a vital part in the ‘support’ of the nano-sats during the crucial ‘testing’ period, utilizing Sat Space’s on-ground infrastructure. There is no mention of getting access to these 2-3 nanosats for ‘commercial’ gain, as also referenced here…..
    “Sat Space will also allow SSG to use their ground control stations during the initial 3 nano-satellite pilot phase by mid-2017, as part of SSG’s testing operations, delivering multi-million dollar cost savings to SSGand a fast track to commercialization.”

Remember the ‘polar’ orbit of the 3D’s is not the ‘equatorial’ which is what SAS is basing this whole project on for ‘commercial’ applications.

To my knowledge the Sat Space deal of the 16th March was one to.......
    1. support the testing and set-up for SSG through the 2-3 Diamonds in readiness for the ‘commercial’ applications when the “equatorial’ constellation was ready, tested and fully operative.
    2. stake a claim to commercial access to the equatorial constellation within their exiting infrastructure / sales region.

It wasn’t until 2 months after the launch of the 3D’s (following significant positive results for various tests) that Sat Space requested ‘commercial’ access to the 3D’s in polar orbit, as announced on 24th August.

Clearly Sat Space is chaffing at the bit to start billing their customers from the connectivity that can be provided through the SAS nanosats. Sat Space are a willing partner in assisting SSG to get their systems fully tested and implemented to enable the eventual roll-out of the entire ‘equatorial’ constellation.

There is a big difference between proving the Diamonds are fully functional and working to all test parameters (as is the case) to being able to be put them into commercial service.

If my understanding is totally wrong about all three diamonds needing to overlap before they will be put to commercial use, I’ll be the first to pop corks to celebrate. Until then, for me it’s a simple waiting game until the ‘equatorial’ constellation has enough Pearls in orbit to enable SAS to sell and provide wholesale commercial access.
    upload_2017-11-5_0-9-50.jpeg

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SAS (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.