PRE 0.00% 6.0¢ pacrim energy limited

something I posted on ELK that might be valuable here re test...

1. cya
    3,836 Posts.
    something I posted on ELK that might be valuable here re test for gas,

, first they will test as per the ann, if this goes well (note the higher shows at well depth and ELK decides to proceed, they will run the casing (as per ann),casing is run down the well , at this point the potential payzones are sealed off, after the casing string is run, the casing is cemented into place,
    this seals off by the production string and cement, then perforations are made in order for gas to flow into the bore. They do this with perforating gun which is lowered down the well to the zone of interest thats indicated in the testing , then gun is detonated from the surface which shoots a few dozen holes that penetrate the casing .
    If gas is contained in sandstone (as it prob is at outback), a process called fracturing is used, to fracture a formation, fluid is run down the well and into the formation under great pressure, this continues until the formation literally cracks open, beads are mixed into the fracturing fluid, the beads enter the fractures in the formation, and, when pumping is stopped and the pressure drops, the beads remain in the fractures. The beads hold the fractures open

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add PRE (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.