Reading this thread just makes me sad. Climate change is an...

1. 168 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 153
    Reading this thread just makes me sad.

Climate change is an issue that will impact the school population generation more than any other, and here is a thread discussing the wish that the kids remain disengaged, to have no social conscience and trying to shut them up so they don't get to have an opinion.

It's not the teachers pushing the agenda - its the kids having heard about the real science of climate change and realising that if nothing gets done about it they will wear the cost on behalf of an aging population who caused all the drama's in the first place and aren't willing to wear any cost to fix the problem.

I look forward to when the next generation is in charge and something actually gets done about climate change - my only hope for them is it is not too late.

Currently the generation of graying men in charge is ignoring the growing discontent of the younger population who are already ignoring those in charge.

My 3 kids are all in primary school - the school is not pushing an agenda - the kids are. They are asking why the school doesn't recycle more - they are asking why the school doesn't have solar panels - why more renewables aren't being used - they want shade cloth over their quadrangle as it gets too hot to play and they get kept in at lunch on the hots days.

They are already wearing the cost - at least give them a voice.

You lot all winge here online the moment something costs you a $$$ - they are fighting for their future. If I was their age I would have joined them.

It's not just the school kids getting upset - it seems to me to be most people under 40. Look out baby boombers - the next generation is coming through and they don't agree with you.

#justsaying #youallsoundlikegrumpyoldmen

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.