ETM 4.00% 2.4¢ energy transition minerals ltd

IA lays waste to the ecosystem, page-6

1. 2,222 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 647
    This is the english translation

Debris spills out while the snow disappears

As the snow melts, the waste spills out in cities and settlements in North Greenland, and this worries the citizens

https://hotcopper.com.au/data/attachments/6275/6275576-9ea67ab77e04b21732da227c7afa2c59.jpg

Flies and a stench begin to spread in cities and settlements in North Greenland. The reason is that the snow starts to melt and debris along the road starts to thaw after a whole winter of frost.

It is a problem in, among other things, the settlements of Niaqornaarsuk and Kullorsuaq in Qeqertalik Municipality and Avannaata Municipality.And village council member Kristianne Jeremiassen is decidedly upset by the sight around the streets in the village.

https://hotcopper.com.au/data/attachments/6275/6275581-ab0fb9fb81fc221bce1fab4b0c191c32.jpg

Our village, located by a beautiful, beautiful fjord, has become a disgrace after the burning ban, she says about her village Niaqornaarsuk

- It stinks, and in the summer it is full of worms and flies, which we are not protected against, and this is our everyday life, says Kristianne Jeremiassen.

Timotheus Petersen, who is a village council member in Avannaata Kommunia, is also ashamed to show off his village, because it is the same view as in Niaqornaarsuk.

- I would like people to understand our situation, although of course I don't want to portray my settlement in that way. But we cannot avoid the truth, and hiding it from the outside world can have worse consequences.

Driver's license tightens legs

The whole problem arises because it is now required to have a driving license for ATVs to drive the waste away, and not many people have that. This has resulted in toilet bags being piled up along the road in the settlements.

Before, the waste was taken to the dump on ATVs, but now it has become a requirement that the driver of an ATV has a license to do so. This means that the rubbish piles up on the side of the road.

Photo ©: Jørgen Simionsen / KNR

- And if we don't get help soon, our landfill can't be fixed, says Timotheus Petersen, and therefore it will continue to be a problem in the settlements.

Waste management is the responsibility of each municipality, says Frank Rasmussen, director of the renovation company Esani. He therefore says that if the municipalities collect the waste themselves, one of Esani's ships can pick it up.

And it will happen in two months.

Take matters into your own hands

The district council in Kullorsuaq has chosen to take care of the problems themselves.

- The board calls companies to a meeting to discuss the issue, and I hope that they reach a statement that they can send to the municipality, says Timotheus Petersen.

https://hotcopper.com.au/data/attachments/6275/6275591-bdc13338e796b882fdab156086547cc2.jpg

Timotheus Petersen has shared the view of his settlement on Facebook, although he is ashamed to show it off, he does not believe that the truth can be hidden away any longer.

Photo © : Timotheus Petersen / Private photo

The mayor of Avannaata Kommunia, Palle Jeremiassen, says that the municipality has sent several inquiries to naalakkersuisut to get a dispensation to burn the waste, so that it no longer has to fill the streets.

Until then, the castles must wait for the sea ice to melt so that ships from Esani can come to pick up the waste, says a statement from both the municipality and Esani.

Swiper (Focus bar

"Compromise and Collaboration"

"Go Thor"

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add ETM (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.