IAG 1.26% $7.08 insurance australia group limited

IAG lagging market?, page-3

1. 262 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 3
    I wouldn't be too worried about IAG. The recent pullback is just a bit of noise. The SP is in the same band it has been in for > 6 months.  The cost of the Brisbane storms seems to be within expected bounds. I'll be sticking with it. Here's what Motley Fool had to say about it back on Dec 15, and nothing much has changed.

Despite the Brisbane storms wreaking havoc and costing huge amounts in damage, the share price of Insurance Australia Group Ltd (ASX: IAG) has remained relatively robust and is up 7% since the turn of the year.
    Of course, a pullback cannot be ruled out in the short term but, looking at 2015 and beyond, IAG could be worth buying right now. That’s because it appears to offer superb value for money both on a relative and absolute basis. For instance, IAG has a P/E ratio of just 11.9 which is very attractive, but appears to be even more so when you consider that the ASX has a P/E ratio of 14.9, while the insurance sector trades on an even higher rating of 18.1.
    As a result of this potential for a further upward re-rating, as well as a fully franked dividend yield of 6.2%, IAG could prove to be a top performer next year.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add IAG (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$7.08
Change
-0.090(1.26%)
Mkt cap ! $16.78B
Open High Low Value Volume
$7.17 $7.18 $6.99 $46.34M 6.551M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 27853 $7.07

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$7.08 6682 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 12/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
IAG (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.