SGH 0.00% 54.5¢ slater & gordon limited

Iam out Totally, page-103

1. 966 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 34
    Mate, really sorry for your loss. I've been downramping SGH since it was $2. Believe it or not the only purpose of me doing this is to help you realise a loss that's much less than 217k.

I'm a novice investor who's still learning. If there's anything that I thought is worth sharing is that never rush in to average down. When things go south feel free to stop loss. Get in after it turns around not the other way.

Let's take Bal as an example which is still hot and fresh. After the surprise trading update in Dec 2016 SP tanked to $6. Some would thought that it must be a bargain. Applying your previous mentality of choo choo next station you would've got in. However, SP bottomed at some $3 followed by a monthly trading halt. I'd say the worst is behind Bal at least for the time being. It could got even worse but at least investors should have plenty opportunities to move around.

Situation appeared to be really dire in early 2017 yet bal still managed to emerge above $5 after takeover/acquisition of Mead Johnson which had nothing to do with anything whatsoever.
    Bal is totally different to SGH. It has little debt but more importantly it didn't fire $1 billion to buy something that doesn't exist and company is and should be profitable for the future although uncertainty persists but it's not a going concern any more notwithstanding that I reckon its current SP is still inflated.

Anyway, wish you best of luck in all your future endeavours and don't don't don't catch a falling knife.
    Last edited by Prophet's_insight: 28/02/17

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SGH (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.