PKT pocketmail group limited

Today's announcement from the President of IB Daiwa Corporation...

1. 13,178 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 7
    Today's announcement from the President of IB Daiwa Corporation (Japan), Seiki Takahashi, re the Pocketmail Group Ltd placement to IB Daiwa's shareholders:

January 10, 2008

Dear Shareholders,

I wrote my message only a few days ago, but today I would like to report to you on the new investment in Pocketmail, an Australian uranium company, which we have decided to make.

Strategic Investment in Uranium Asset

In order to further grow and strengthen its base, IB Daiwa has been reviewing opportunities to diversify its portfolio and to invest in resources and energy assets / businesses other than in the oil and gas sector. The strategic equity investment in the Pocketmail allows IB Daiwa to benefit from the trends of increasing demand in clean, alternative energy sources. The company looks particularly attractive as their assets are in the Asia/Pacific Region where the demand for resources/energy is huge and still growing.

It is becoming challenging to invest in promising scarce resource-related assets as large companies in many countries are eager to invest even in early stages. Such competition has also tended to make valuation prohibitive. As such, it is important to work with partners who are able to source good investment opportunities.

IB Daiwa has a partnership with Crosby, which employs people with extensive experiences in investment in the resources/energy factor in the Asia/Pacific Region. The partnership allows us to expand our deal sourcing capability. Crosby invested in Pocketmail back in October last year, and introduced the deal to IB Daiwa. After carrying out our own evaluation, IB Daiwa has responded quickly to secure the deal.

Uranium Business in Australia

As some of you may know, Australia holds one of the world’s largest uranium deposits, and is a big exporter of this source material for nuclear power generation. Its regulatory environment is friendly to uranium exploration companies, which in turn have attracted experienced engineering talents in the area.

Pocketmail, which is listed on the Australian Stock Exchange, owns prospects in South Australia and Queensland which are highly commented by independent engineering companies. In South Australia, the first stage drilling program has been completed and the results so far look promising.

If Pocketmail actually starts uranium production and exports in the future, it can benefit from the growing needs in Japan and other Asia/Pacific countries. I myself am expected to be invited to join the Board of Pocketmail as a non executive director, and am hopeful that the value in this strategic stake will substantially grow in the future.

I would ask for your continuous support for our efforts to seek more opportunities in new business areas.

Seiki Takahashi

President
    IB Daiwa

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add PKT (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.