MSB 0.47% $1.07 mesoblast limited

I'd buy MSB today (if I could), page-4

1. 16,873 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 8354
    "Hopefully you can find a side of you that can even speculate that this one is showing signs of turning around in light of its pipeline of work and growing foreign interest in this field.
    I hope you can take a calculated punt."

No, I don't punt. I invest.
    And even though I think the share price is likely to go up in coming days/weeks, I won't invest in MSB's stock because the company is not investment grade, according to my investing process.

"Timing is everything!"

Not in my book, it isn't. [*]
    Owning businesses that have a demonstrated ability to increase their intrinsic value over time is everything.

(Go back and read MSB posts over the past 5 or 6 years; the road is littered with the carcasses of investors who bought MSB stock at much higher levels in the belief that they were "timing it right".)

"The brains on the board is A-GRADE"

For starters, I happen to not think the board is, in fact, A-Grade.
    Where it matters to me, there certainly is no evidence of it.

But even if it was, a competent and credible board and managers is just one of several investment criteria that need to be satisfied in my view.

And MSB falls down on some of the others (hence, non investment-grade).

[*] Timing of entry and exit another one of those constructs emanating from the stockbroking industry for purposes of promoting increasing levels of market activity. Because elevated market activity generates more revenue from commissions.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add MSB (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$1.07
Change
0.005(0.47%)
Mkt cap ! $1.216B
Open High Low Value Volume
$1.08 $1.10 $1.06 $3.371M 3.135M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
8 45345 $1.06

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$1.07 3875 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 03/09/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
MSB (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.