Identity Verifications

1. 40,965 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 853
    Currently purchasing a house
    Spent the last 8 years as a Grey Nomad and travelling Australia.
    The current laws that states that every buyer and seller must undergo an Identity Verification in order to buy or sell property is well and truly out of order.
    I had my Drivers License, Medicare card, Original Birth Certificate and Pension Card... which enabled me to pass the test..... now the problem.... My wife had a Drivers License and Medicare card.... her birth certificate was a copy ( she was a ward of the state and fostered out as a child), so not acceptable.... she is named on my Pension card, but this to is not acceptable.
    Upon asking how to get her accepted, I was told to put the title in just my name and get the electricity in both names in order to get a utility bill to use with her License and medicare card and apply for a certified copy of her birth certificate and then we would have enough points up to add her to the title....... but would need to go thru a full conveyancing at another cost of over $1000.
    Surely anyone who is close to passing the points test could get approvals with acquiring certification from Bank accounts, Clergy, Police, or the dreaded Parliamentary member.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.