g'day bacci.I doubted that $120/hr sum so checked with my...

1. 46,598 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 642
    g'day bacci.

I doubted that $120/hr sum so checked with my resource.... yep its certainly valid.

I thought 'care service providers' were pvt businesses and so wouldn't have been given penalty rates on weekends. omg: they do.

***kin stupid of the govt (which one?) that enabled this.

but yeh, it saves the national purse an enormous amount..... but yeh, its so much better for those receiving care to not have it provided by strangers or in hospital.

I'm sure you're right that rels are receiving NDIS payments. personally I don't see a real problem with this as long as the services provided have therapeutic benefits for the person being cared for. the Lib govts enabled a load of riots and scams to flourish. Shorten is still making changes to the NDIS to remove or at least monitor these rorts and scams. I don't know how successful his efforts will be; too early to tell.

what I can say though is the NDIS is much more helpful to people with disabilities than the old state-run system. people are able now to get work and pay taxes...... so yeh there are costs, but also massive benefits.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.