I just fail to understand the deep seated hatred towards...

1. 599 Posts.
    I just fail to understand the deep seated hatred towards cyclists to be honest. Most of the incidents that are described occur not only between cyclists and mototrists, but also between mototrists. I am yet to see two cyclists punch on because of an incident between them, but have seen this numerous times between mototrists.

I remeber the incident when the pedestrian was killed at the lights on Beach Road, that was the 'hell ride.' I used to go on it regularly but stopped because it was completely out of control and became dangerous for all road users.

Personally I find nothing more frustrating than being on a bike sitting at a red light and watching other bikes ride through it, most of the time it is general commuters and not the lycra clad type., because it feeds the frustration and hatred.

I don't consider myself to have a deathwish just because I ride, and the 40 or so riders that die a year didn't either and not all of them were breaking the law when they were killed.

Both some motorists and cyclists continually break the law, I find it unreasonable to just single out one group as the problem.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.