Hi twenty3, New Zealand has cars .........but the problem is...

1. 216 Posts.
    Hi twenty3, New Zealand has cars .........but the problem is that there are no drivers ..............................................(of any skill).

Cycling there is a near death experience unlike in Australia, I've biked in both countries... the drivers in Sydney are to be commended, I wish the average Kiwi driver was a half as good. Anyone crossing the ditch will be struck by the shear ineptitude of the average kiwi driver... they are a national disgrace; grimly amusing if you a foreigner visitor.

I've had twits who have failed to see me and nearly killed me even when I use 7 lights: 3 front, 4 rear - half flashing and high intensity, reflector strips galore and an orange high vis vest. I look like a Xmas tree from a km away. But I've learned the hard way the safest place on the road is right in the middle of the damn lane not on the left and to ride aggressively. I now assume that all motorists are blind maniacs until proven otherwise.

I use a GoPro camera on the bike and have a good collection of near death experiences.... I tell my nonbike friends the GoPro is for the coroner.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.