IEL 0.93% $14.88 idp education limited

IEL Valuation, page-115

1. 397 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 125
    I tend to agree with your sentiments. I've been wrong on this stock calling $15.60 a margin of safety. So I sold out during a spike in share price in the 16's. I made bugger all but didn't really lose anything other than opportunity elsewhere. I gave one poster a serve and they were right whilst I was wrong.

However, this is a good company and if IEL are suffering, then so are their competitors. I'm kind of the opinion that what doesn't kill you can only make you stronger. Yes I agree that the P/E is still high given the forward looking lack of growth. I'm of the opinion that the wheel will turn. Education is a huge industry and I'm not so sure that you'll ever get this with a P/E in the teens. At what point does it become an absolute screaming buy? Because let's face it, growth stocks are never priced cheaply. Yes, this doesn't seem like a growth stock right now. But...

So on a personal level, I've been buying back in. Without doubt it feels like I'm catching a falling knife. But I'm buying back in incrementally. Plenty of risk. However, I'm not a trader and whilst there might be opportunity cost elsewhere, if the market is truly forward looking, then I'd suggest that by the time the crowd has figured out that that there's money to be made, the share price will already have made substantial movements.

No doubt my comment will be the kiss of death. However, one day the shorts will unwind and I want to be there when it happens.

You've got to remember that this is a global business that is profitable and exposed to a huge market. We're not talking about "revenues". We're talking about a real business with pricing power. So yep, agree with your comment. I've been wrong many times before. Future risk v reward (not in the short term at least) looks to be enticing. We'll see.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add IEL (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$14.88
Change
-0.140(0.93%)
Mkt cap ! $4.141B
Open High Low Value Volume
$14.95 $15.00 $14.76 $5.442M 365.9K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 4436 $14.81

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$14.90 1500 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 19/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
IEL (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.