I agree that we should all be working on how we are all...

1. 1,243 Posts.
    I agree that we should all be working on how we are all Australian together. I think in order for everyone to feel as though they're considered in decision around Australia Day would be to move the date to January 1... "with the first Monday or Friday being a public holiday". That way the day is based on when Australia actually became Australia. This way it's not based around white people settling in Australia (which makes the day about Europeans) and it's not an Indigenous Day... pretty well everything in Australia - public holidays included have all been selected by white people without consideration of the first people living here. Afterall for a long time Aboriginals weren't considered human and until relatively recent times weren't given the right to vote. I also acknowledge that most Australians do not think along the lines that I do - which I honestly believe is due to a lack of knowledge, empathy and the avoidance of "being wrong" or acknowledging that something that's part of "traditional" maybe hasn't been considering everyone all along.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.