CAN 0.00% 6.2¢ cann group limited

How do you know what the break down of medicinal cannabis...

1. 57 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2
    How do you know what the break down of medicinal cannabis produced vs consumer cannabis? I’m no maths scholar, but based on some loose numbers I’ve estimated approx 30% volume sold in medicinal Cann (3.75M grams)... 43% of the revenue is in medicinal cannabis @$8 per g. Its also in +3% growth for aurora.

Bulk and consumer cannabis down by 49% and 33% respectively so the oversupply is quite clearly in these areas. So approx 5000kgs in decline (not to mention they would have been forecasting huge growth in these areas). The fact that they’ve gone to the trouble of securing offtake agreement with Cann, suggests that they’ve forecast a shortfall in medicinal cannabis product, the one category which is in growth for them... the price of medicinal has also gone up vs rec!

Reading between the lines, my view is the industry has hugely over estimated rec cannabis in Canada/USA. Potentially overlooked the resourcefulness of pot smokers to grow a couple of plants instead of paying for it by the gram.

Important to differentiate med vs rec instead of blanket analysis. They’re two very different propositions.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CAN (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.