CCC 0.00% 0.1¢ continental coal limited

if bhp billition sells, will ccc buy ?, page-3

1. 7,163 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1
    It is impossible to know what CCC are thinking of this unless we knew the potential synergies .BHP are liquidating because these assets are not core by the sounds of it,and not because they think they can make money .BHP is a different type of company to CCC .BHP are after big projects that bring in big revenues like $billions .They also have the means to splash out $billions on development .
    But for a company the size of CCC some of these small assets may be a perfect fit .

I wouldnt expect that some of these these assets will not be worth much at all .That is the point with the fragmented coal industry in SA .

Lets say that CCC thought there was something they could get great synergies out of ,and the cost was only a few million ,then it may be worthwhile .Remember CCC did the Mashala deal ,and have an eye for a bargain .If BHP wanted too much ,I am sure CCC would just pass .

CCC want bargains .We have to give them credit for what they have done ,and trust that they wont go and buy coal assets at premium prices that are not adding multiples of value .

Many posters have been harping on about CCC issuing more shares and buying more assets at inflated prices .
    CCC have been simply building a pipeline of projects , in a responsible way .They havent paid too much for anything ,they have got tremendous bargains .They need a pipeline of projects at various stages of development .

I personally want to see CCC continue to diversify country profiles ,but at the same time we must be receptive to any opportunities presented in SA if they are "bargains" or in some other way add much more value than the price paid .This also doesnt mean necessarily dilution .Management dont want dilution either .Why would they ? If they dilute for no good reason management will lose more than most of us .So lets give thm some credit for not being stupid .They have already proved that .There are lots of other ways that projects can be funded other than issuing shares .
    I understand that what BHP is selling are only prospecting rights ,and I would expect that the price would be only in the millions ,not tens of millions, unless there was something special like a coking coal resource included .If the Indians bid the price up ,I am sure CCC would pass ,unless it was a block next door that could increase mine life of one of our mines ,for example.

CCC management are just as keen to get the share price up as the rest of us for obvious reasons ,and I am fully confident that they will not do anything that will cause weakness in the share price ,such as unneccessary capital raisings.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CCC (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.