CCC 0.00% 0.1¢ continental coal limited

I think a big portion of this is because future infrastructure...

1. 3,312 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 39
    I think a big portion of this is because future infrastructure is more likely to be allocated towards smaller, BEE compliant companies. As JB has stated, the fact that CCC is BEE compliant actually gives it more chance of receiving excess freight on an upgraded Richard Bay port line. Whereas the multi-national is less likely to receive this type of allocation.

To be honest, it makes more sense for BHP to go to a country and just build the whole infrastructure from scratch while taking their pick of the best resources available... When you can build the entire bloody infrastructure system yourself, there is no point wasting man power on smaller mines that where the government has a policy that impedes you.

The thing to remember, is that the current SA policy impedes companies like BHP/RIO/Xstrata and FAVOURS companies like CCC, due to BEE policy.

Due to the respective sizings of companies (if CCC could find a good way to fund purchases of course) these are the sorts of deals that could end up win/win for both companies.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CCC (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.