ATR 0.00% 76.0¢ astron corporation limited

....they'd be running the ruler over Astron/Donald before any...

1. 3,722 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 100
    ....they'd be running the ruler over Astron/Donald before any other major gets the jump on them.

The stock was up 15% today on the back of a Motley Fool report (courtesy Collins St. Asset Management), stating that Donald is a "tier-one asset in a tier-one jurisdiction".

Which it is: the world's largest undeveloped zirconium deposit, with substantial rare earth credits, having a 50 year mine life, and located in our own backyard.

CRA previously held title, but didn't have the
    technology to separate the fine mineral-bearing component, crucial to the project economics. Enter Astron, with a successful history in the mineral sands industry. They have since developed a process of using low flow spirals to achieve what CRA could not.

Even though the register is tight, the company majority owned and the stock illiquid, it was closely followed by a major stockbroker a decade ago, stating that it was very much undervalued when compared to similar listed mineral sands operations.

That was before any serious work had been done to get it to production stage. Since then, Astron has moved well down that path, as we now await the final work permit (mine plan) approvals and feasibility study.

I therefore think it's amazing - even with no broker today following it - that it continues to trade where it does, 'multiples' according to Collins St. Asset management, below its NPV.

BHP have the choice of offering $3 per share now, considering all the risks; $10 after it gets into production; or $20 well down the track when all the planets have lined up....and which they have a history of demonstrating.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add ATR (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
76.0¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $130.0M
Open High Low Value Volume
0.0¢ 0.0¢ 0.0¢ $0 0

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
3 14388 72.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
75.5¢ 1100 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.12pm 28/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
ATR (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.