100 years ago television wasn't proven to exist...

1. 22,925 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1
    100 years ago television wasn't proven to exist either.

lol,....reminds me of my younger days, 1 of 8, no power, tv, just the hiss of the tilly light when we had kero, etc until I was 16.

We finally ended up with a new house, no power for several weeks, no probs and finally power.
    There were these little things on the wall, you flicked them and hey presto, there was light biggrin.png, bloody magic, no wind to blowing out your kero light made out of a polish bottle when you went out to the bathroom, which was under the back veranda (not thunder box).

Anyway, we finally got a TV, black and white days and one night the Father is sitting up there and asks, how come there are no coloured pictures? biggrin.png.

Back then, I don't think coloured ones were even around, so it was a bit of a laugh.
    Father would always fall asleep until you changed the station, magically, he would spring to life smile.png.
    Remember, TV only went up to around mid-night,... then you just got like bees, buzz across your screen.
    So you would sneak in and turn it off, and the Father would spring to life again and ask, What did you turn that off for?

If I look back now, the greatest gifts could be said to be, the ones you didn't have for many years, as the excitement when you got it, far out run the years you didn't.
    Hence appreciation of even the small things and best of all, Groundings for the rest of your life, the Driver.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.