That just may be the finest post I've seen from you. Quite...

1. 6,410 Posts.

That just may be the finest post I've seen from you. Quite wonderful, really.

You have obliterated the riddle forensically.

My point was that God has intervened, but the intervention is in the hands of humanity itself. Notions of evil have evolved and they are somewhat relative to time and place, as you make clear.

I was also trying to show that evil, via a philosophical perspective, does is nonexistent. Ignorance requires knowledge, darkness requires light, stupidity is in need of good sense, error is in need of guidance, sickness is the want of health, death is the want of life, blindness is the want of sight and son and so forth.

My point being that evil is the nonexistence of goodness, not a force in and of itself and goodness has many positive characteristics that we can name. When we remove those characteristics we have a void, an ignorance and evil become manifest via the removal and nonexistence of a positive trait. This is also sufficient evidence to show that Satan does not exist, but that's another story.

So if religion is from God and the remedy for evil is to be found in religion, then the human suffering that could be elevated is on us.

As for those poor souls who suffer some terrible malady, birth defect, or never had a chance to experience a full life, then one can only imagine that a just God will compensate them at the spiritual level.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.